Logo


Behind the Scenes of an ICO: What It Takes to Succeed

  • Published on: Feb 14, 2018 - 12:00 AM
  • Source: Bitcoinist

Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) are being used by startups to raise billions to get their projects off the ground. In 2017, the Financial Times reported that 587 ICOs had launched throughout the year, with only 54% achieving success. Of those remaining 46%, some falter, others disappear completely. Lars Lien is CEO of Luckbox, an upcoming esports betting platform preparing to launch in 2018. Lars and his team started their crowdsale in January and are well on track to hit their target cap of $20m ahead of schedule, thanks to a phenomenal response during the presale stage. Lars shares his though …

Read More


More Bitcoin News

Beware of the Malicious Mac Monero Miner (The Merkle)
South African Police Investigate Alleged Crypto Ponzi-Scheme (Coin Telegraph)
Researchers Claim $1.2B Worth of Crypto Has Been Stolen Since (The Merkle)
TrustToken’s Rafael Cosman on TrueUSD, Fiat-Pegged Stablecoins, (Bitcoinist)
331 High-Income Traders Declared Crypto Profits in Japan (Bitcoin.com)
Rewards.com Begins Offering Cryptocurrency Rewards (The Merkle)
Price Will Catch Up to Bitcoin’s Record Hashrate By Q3: Analyst (Bitcoinist)
TRON’s Founder Keeps Trying to Acquire BitTorrent (Cryptovest)
John McAfee Expects a Bitcoin Price of $15,000 by June 2018 (Live Bitcoin News)
Bchpls.io Enables Free Bitcoin Cash Point-of-Sale Platform (Bitcoin.com)
GMO Internet Group to Launch First-Ever 7nm Mining Rig (Cryptovest)
Europe’s BlockShow Utilizes Polling Application to Highlight (The Merkle)
Cryptojacking, Coming to a Mac Computer Near You (Cryptovest)
Russian Central Bank’s Deputy Governor: Blockchain Tech Still (Coin Telegraph)
Wendy McElroy: The Centralization of Crypto and the Banality of (Bitcoin.com)
High Court of Zimbabwe Lifts Cryptocurrency Ban (Bitcoinist)
Markets Update: Bear Market Adds Cryptocurrency Trading (Bitcoin.com)
No Money to Buy the Dip? Start Hunting! (The Merkle)
Spending Bitcoin in Europe Is Getting Easier Thanks to Wirex and (Bitcoin.com)
South African Reserve Bank (SARB): Virtual Currencies Are (Bitcoinist)
UK Financial Regulator Opens 24 Investigations Into Crypto (Coin Telegraph)
Blockchain Must Adapt to Build Trust in the Internet of Things (Coindesk)
Revolut Adds Support for Bitcoin Cash and Ripple (Bitcoinist)
Storm Daniels Accepts Vice Industry Tokens Rather Than Verge (Live Bitcoin News)


Frontpage